...bringing ICT closer to you

Chitika

LightBlog

Thursday 14 January 2016

Mum Buys ‘Homeless Man’ A McDonald’s Meal - But He Was Actually A Customer

A mum who thought she was doing a good deed by buying a homeless man a meal in McDonald’s was left mortified when it turned out he was a paying customer.
Claire Varin had popped into the restaurant in Halifax town centre in West Yorkshire when she saw an unshaven man with a rucksack sitting at a table with no food in front of him.
The man then started eating from the ketchup dispenser and Claire, believing the man to be homeless and hungry, bought a meal and walked over to give it to him.

However, the warm fuzzy feeling in her stomach for her random act of kindness soon turned to a feeling of total embarrassment when a staff member also brought over a tray of food - that the man had just paid for.
The confused customer didn’t say anything after being given an extra meal for free - and Claire, from Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, didn’t wait around to find out what he thought.
View photos
Not so happy meal: The man got two McDonald’s meals but wasn’t actually homeless (Rex)
She said: “I was mortified. I felt like I was going to die of embarrassment. I wanted a hole to open up underneath me.
"I didn’t stick around to see if he ate the food I bought him too, I just ran out of the shop as quickly as I could.
"God knows what he thought. He probably tells people about the time a crazy woman bought him a breakfast for no reason.”
Claire now plans to give that particular branch of McDonald’s a miss for a while in case she sees the customer again.
She added: "My friends won’t let me live it down and my husband keeps laughing at me.
“He says he’s going to follow me around from now on to make sure I don’t buy strangers food.”
McDonald’s declined to comment on the incident.
Top pic: Caters

No comments:

Slot